Directions for use of the Agitest™ One-step Rapid Test for Cymbidium Mosaic Virus and Odontoglossum Ringspot Virus
The Agitest™ One-step Rapid Test provides a convenient, fast, and easy way to test for Cymbidium Mosaic Virus (CymMV) and Odontoglossum Ringspot Virus (ORSV) while providing both high specificity and sensitivity. Combining both CymMV + ORSV on one single test strip provides time-saving convenience and a cost-effective rapid testing method that only takes 15 minutes to complete.
- Cut a 5 mm x 5 mm sized sample and place it in the Sample Buffer Tube.
- Use the Grinding Stick to grind the sample.
- Take out the Grinding Stick from the tube.
- Open the test strip packaging, extract the test strip, and place it vertically into the tube. NOTE: Do not allow the liquid to exceed the arrows.
- Please wait 15 minutes before removing the test strip from the tube.
- See the picture of test strip results for result interpretation.
Positive detection of CymMV and ORSV: CymMV and ORSV are detected from the sample when three red bands are visible at the reaction section of the test strip.
Negative detection of CymMV and ORSV: CymMV and ORSV are both absent from the sample when only one red band is visible.
If no red bands are visible, the test has failed and requires re-testing with a new test kit.
Please carry out results interpretation between 15 to 30 minutes of placing the test strip into the buffer. The red bands will fade after 30 minutes and may lead to unreliable results.
Storage and Stability:
Please store the test kit at room temperature.
Please keep away from direct sunlight.
Please do not use buffer or strip with other test kits.
Please Note: Test kits and reagents are not reusable.